Search This Blog


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Introducing the 7 Day Challenge


Well, good people of Pittsburgh. If you live in this city then you have undoubtedly heard or even uttered your self, " there is nothing to do in Pittsburgh." On statuses, in conversations, everywhere you look, people are hell bent on making Pittsburgh out to be the lamest place on the planet. I too was once a hatter, but after mis fortune bought me back to the city, I was determined to make the best of my time here. Fortunately being a stylist at the Natural Choice in Oakland made that task all too easy. Everyone that is anyone in Pittsburgh knows DJ Nate the phat barber, owner, and impresario. When I arrived back in Pittsburgh in the winter of 2003, I needed a natural hair care shop to work in. I was doubtful about what Pittsburgh had to offer by way of a natural world, but my mother actually suggested that I try a place that she had been taking my son to have his hair braided when he would come in town to visit her. I agreed un enthusiastically. Once I met Nate, I was impressed. He and I were around the same age and he had been a successful business owner way before I even knew my worth! At that first meeting he told me about Charismatic Marketing and how he was changing the face of nightlife in Pittsburgh. I thought 'yeah OK,' yet I hoped that that was the truth, because from what I remembered, this city was boring as hell! It did not take long for me to learn that with the color series parties, and other types of happenings that Charismatic put together, Nate was holding true to what he told me in December 03. A LOT has changed since then, the city has grown to be more fun, and more interesting as a whole. Maybe its us who change and our interests grow, or maybe its the city. Either way, Pittsburgh is no longer boring. Pittsburgh is not like other cities as far as the level of entertainment goes. Huge stars are not flocking to our city to perform on a regular basis, but the NOW Pittsburgh is much better than the Pittsburgh of old. To prove my point, SpotlightPittsburgh will be conducting what we like to call, "The 7 day Challenge." Every day for seven days we will report on things to do in Pittsburgh. We will prove that weather it is the morning, afternoon, or evening, there is always something to do in Pittsburgh. Comment and let us know what you think, and also tell us some of your favorite places to be in Pittsburgh. As always, please spread the word about Spotlightpittsburgh, and enjoy the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment