Search This Blog


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I Love Our City

Pittsburgh is a city that is ever evolving. Ten years ago I moved away from this city, not because I hated it, but because it was time for me to go. It became clear to me, that to be as fabulous as I wanted to be, -even though I had it inside all along-, I needed to get out and see the world. So, I did, not the whole world, but NYC, and ATL. I was gone for close to seven years, that was four years ago. This place has changed, not only the exterior, but the people inside as well. Now that Iam back in Pittsburgh, I must say that I am glad that I came back. I have learned to appreciate Pittsburgh for what it has, and not really complain about what it does not have.

Our fair city has its issues, we all know that. Iam not here to spotlight that. I grew up in one of this city's "throw away" neighborhoods, and I could say plenty about our "fair" city, and the disparages that lay between differant groups, but I wont. I hope to never have to spotlight it on this blog. This blog is for us all to see and hopefully experience the goodness of the city. Everyone of us. Don't hate, or discriminate. If you must, please move on to the next blog. If you want to celebrate with spotlightpittsburgh all of the good that our city can offer, then tell everyone about us, bookmark us, put us in your favorites! Also, nominate businesses that deserve to be on the Hot7. We will check it out and vote, and see if they have what it takes to make the cut.

Don't forget when you are visiting this blog to leave a comment, or suggestion. Also don't forget to click adds.

In closing,I would like to comment on how great a home gathering with friends can be. This weekend my husband and I had the pleasure of being invited to a lavish and very cool "house party", that was more like a vacation retreat. Our host and hostess treated everyone of their guests like royalty. I thought that I was a great hostess, but I did learn some things and for that I am thankful. Pittsburgh, do no neglect great food and even better friends together, your place, make it happen. Summer does not last forever, get out there and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment